US - CB Employment Screening
Our rapid growth here at CareerBuilder Employment Screening has created the need to build our software engineering teams with talented, driven individuals to take our company and technology to the next level. In order to ensure we remain at the #1 spot on the HRO’s Bakers Dozen List in 2018, we need to continue to deliver unprecedented value to our clients, and that starts with you!
Come join our development team to help continue to build our system utilizing the newest technologies and architectural principles.
Main responsibilities of the role:
As a senior level member of our development team, you will help lead other engineers while building out our proprietary software system. The primary responsibilities of the position include:
- Work with leadership to come up with innovative approaches to solving problems
- Improve system performance and reliability through recommending changes in policies, procedures, or architectural principles.
- Work directly with engineering team in building out the application in the chosen technology stack.
- Mentor junior and mid-level engineers to help the team learn and grow.
- Encourage collaborative design
- Think out loud- Consistently communicating ideas to others
In addition to the above responsibilities, the Senior Software Engineer is expected to display professionalism in the following ways:
- Maintain an attitude of commitment through outward display of willingness
- Practice positive interactions - lean on encouragement in place of judgment
- Impress responsibility on others by displaying ownership in tasks
- Act in the best interest of the overall team
3 Must have/nonnegotiable languages/technologies:
- Microsoft .NET Experience
- Strong Microsoft SQL knowledge
- Expert knowledge in services based topology; SOAP, REST
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are a MUST have
Nice to Haves:
- .NET Core
- Understanding of API Gateways
- Experience with GitHub, Octopus and TeamCity
- Cloud experience
Years of Experience recommended:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related disciplines
- 7+ years of software development of web applications with a proven track record of leading successful engineering teams
TSR ID: 000623