At NAVEX Global you will join our software development team that shares a passion for writing great code, embracing new technologies and delivering powerful products that help our customers protect their reputation and bottom line. As a senior software engineer you will have ample opportunity to invest in innovative product development and tool research, technically lead and mentor fellowdevelopers and tag your name to amazingly cool products, all while balancing your life priorities.
In This Role You Will Often:
- Collaborate with scrum team members to design and develop cool new features and enhancements that will delight our customers.
- Promote opportunities for refactoring by examining patterns of system usage and identifying areas of optimization.
- Research and leverage commercial products, libraries and tools that can be used to meet business and technical requirements.
- Provide technical mentorship to junior developers.
- Participate in elaboration and design sessions to understand requirements and translate business needs into technology solutions.
- Take advantage of extensive use of automation (continuous integration, automated deployments, automated unit and functional testing).
- Present team accomplishments during sprint reviews.
- Provide constructive and honest feedback during sprint retrospectives so we can continuously improve.
- Choose from a wide variety of fruit and snacks stocked in our kitchen.
- Mingle with colleagues from other departments during our monthly breakfast or lunches.
This Job Might Be For You If You:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Have spent 5+ years working as a front-end developer, desirably in a web based or mobile application.
- Have an outstanding grasp of front-end development techniques and end user expectations.
- Are a motivated individual with the ability to learn and come up to speed on new technologies quickly.
- Excel at solving problems.
- Are an expert in the following technologies:
- UX design, mockup & prototyping with tools such as Balsamiq, Axure RP or Adobe tools
- Have hands-on experience with the following:
- Webpack, GitHub
- Deploying mobile applications to the App Store and Play Store
- Deploying web applications
- Integrating and utilizing 3rd party libraries and tools
- Agile software development practices, unit testing and continuous integration
Nice to Have:
- Experience with at least one cross-platform mobile framework such as React Native, Ionic, Xamarin or NativeScript.
- NodeJS and Express
- MongoDB or DynamoDB
- Serverless Framework
- Experience with AWS Lambda and other Amazon web services.