POSITION SUMMARY The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for software development including builds and maintains highly scalable, robust and data centric micro-services to support our customer applications. As part of an engineering team, implements and improves our clinic and patient portal as well and our finance and billing applications. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Make key design and technical implementation decisions and help guide engineering vision
- Work closely with stakeholders to define requirements, and transform into highly scalable and reliable, developer-friendly micro-services APIs
- Design, build and maintain highly sustainable systems to support our business applications.
- Continue improving process and procedure and evangelizing best practices
- Lead the end to end execution of compliance initiatives
- Be responsible for practicing technical design, developing new functionality and maintaining existing components
- This role works with PHI on a regular basis both in paper and electronic form and have an access to various technologies to access PHI (paper and electronic) in order to perform the job.
- Employee must complete training relating to HIPAA/PHI privacy, General Policies and Procedure Compliance training and security training as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire.
- Must maintain a current status on Natera training requirements.
- Employee must pass post offer criminal background check
- BS degree in computer science, comparable program, or equivalent. MSpreferred
- 8years of overall software development experience, preferably secure, scalable web applications in with Java, and other web technologies
- 3+ years proven experience with implementing highly scalable data centric Java applications
- Experience with object oriented programming in Java, using open source framework such as Spring Frameworks and Hibernate
- Expertise with enterprise architecture, cross-platform integration, and building scalable applications in heterogeneous environments
- Experience with software development lifecycle process from build, software configuration, change control, and release and deployment activities
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Test-Driven Development and/or Behavior-Driven Development
- Experience with service-oriented and micro-services architecture
- Experience with implementing high data volumes applications with generating business reports.
- Strong relational database skills including databasedesign and optimization
- Demonstrated teamwork skills with a solid analytical background
- Excellent organizational, communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Object Oriented Programming
- Java Enterprise Edition
- Spring Framework
- Relational Database and SQL Programming, prefer MySQL
- ElasticSearch or equivalent
- AWS Services, such as SQS, S3 and SNS
- Docker or container-oriented technologies
- REST API and Micro-services Architecture
- Linux Fundamental
- CI / CD
- XML and JSON
- Quality Assurance Mindset
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Duties are typically performed in an office setting.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.