Help us create best in class video playback experiences and see your work reach over one hundred and fifty million subscribers around the world!
The Multi-device Experience (MDX) team brings joy to our users who love discovering movies and shows on their phones but want to watch on their TVs. Once playback is "cast" from the phone to the TV, users can control the playback from their mobile device.
We support remote playback for Chromecasts, TVs, set top boxes, game consoles and other streaming sticks. In addition, we support playback through Google Home and Chromecast. We continue to add new features to these experiences and we need a skilled software engineer to help us build a world class automated testing system that allows us to quickly improve reliability and add new features without introducing regressions.
YOU WILL SPEND YOUR TIME...
- Building an MDX integration test suite for Android in Java
- Enhancing end to end MDX and DIAL test suites for iOS and Android
- Building product features with accompanying tests to help the team transition to test driven development
- Testing MDX use cases against various devices, recommending defensive coding schemes where possible and filing bugs on device manufacturers when necessary.
IF YOU CAN…
- Address complex architectural problems with simple, intuitive design
- Effectively drive technical collaboration and communication with internal and external engineering teams
- Find patterns in data to quickly identify user populations having bad experiences
IF YOU HAVE…
- Interest in trying new things and switching between projects as needed
- 5+ years of relevant automated testing framework software development experience
- BS, BA or MS in Computer Science or equivalent engineering experience
- Experience with iOS and Android test frameworks such as XCTest, Espresso, Roboelectric and Mockito
- Experience with continuous integration methodologies and tooling
- The ability to be self directed, and make good decisions given the right context without specific instruction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
IF YOU PRACTICE…
- End-to-end ownership of major features, platforms and components: from inception to deployment
- Customer advocacy—the desire to continually improve customer experience
- Test-centric development and continuous integration
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN…
- Mobile development, mobile test automation, Typescript, and Node.js
- Multi-device communication and control
- UI Engineering
- Streaming video concepts