Moody's Investors Service is among the world's most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor. At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.
MIS Technology (MIS TECH)
The Department / Team:
The Software engineering team will be part of Data Management, Ratings Operations and Compliance, actively engaged and working with onshore/offshore employees to design, implement and maintain engineering solutions in the area of Billing & Pricing (Finance) on both Run the business as well as transformation workstreams.
- Brainstorm, design and develop an enterprise software product.
- Design and implement re-usable software components.
- Ensure the product is highly configurable and extensible.
- Work collaboratively with a core team of architects and developers spread across different locations.
- Get involved in full-stack development.
- Perform gap analysis and provide business solutions.
- Work with a variety of client and server-side frameworks – open source and home grown. Rapidly prototype new products and see through implementation.
- Part of the innovation team experience both heads down coding time as well as active participation product design.
- Research and build POCs using available frameworks to ensure feasibility.
Perform gap analysis and provide business solutions
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science is preferred. However other fields like information systems, electrical or STEM will be considered.
- Strong object oriented design and programming skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Visual C++ programming language
- Working experience with Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC)
- Solid programming skill in C++ Standard Template Library (STL) with automated unit testing
- Windows service and IIS development
- Good understanding of Database Design and Modeling principles
- Excellent at Sybase Transact-SQL and ANSI SQL
- Great at Stored Procedure development
- Must be able to analyze query plan and have performance tuning skills
- Web service development in SOAP and REST
- Hands on Experience with Java, Python a plus
- Experience on Enterprise BPM solutions like Pega
- Experience developing web services and frontend like Angular,React
- Experience with Dev Ops is a plus
- Strong debugging, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.