SunPower is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to contribute to building its next-generation monitoring and data platform. This role will directly report to the principal engineer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Responsible for the development of Monitoring software to enable a world-class residential and commercial solar PV and storage data platform.
- Design and architect services and components for SunPower’s next-generation monitoring and data platform.
- Functionally contribute to a team of software and data engineers.
- Partner with the product management team and peers to define the application roadmap to ensure a scalable and effective residential application infrastructure.
- Work with product owners to ensure that relevant information systems serve the business needs effectively.
RELATED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Java experience
- Time-series/Metrics database experience
- Development experience in a cloud environment such as AWS or GCP
- Developing scalable data platforms for IoT sensor data
- Familiarity with AWS serverless application components
- Experience with Kafka
- Experience with InfluxDB, Postgres, and DynamoDb