Senior Software Engineer - Monitoring
GoDaddy engineers are shifting the global economy to support small businesses worldwide to create beautiful online experiences for their customers that help them grow and manage their business. We work fearlessly to build innovative solutions, platforms and business applications tailored to the unique needs of the small business owner. Using a collaborative, agile, small team approach we make cutting edge technologies simple and effective. Our team of technologists do the heavy lifting, so our customers can focus on making their dreams come true.
We’re looking for a strongly driven software engineer who loves working with backend technologies like Golang, Python, Ruby and Java. You will be helping build out GoDaddy’s monitoring and telemetry solutions using best of breed tools, integrated and abstracted into a common framework used by all of engineering and software development teams internally.
- Work with a team of Software and Reliability Engineers to build monitoring/observability frameworks for a variety of applications, products and infrastructure across the global organization.
- Work with internal teams to understand their requirements for monitoring, incident notification, and data visualization.
- Identify, plan and implement solutions that contribute to the overall monitoring platform
- Ability to solve problems and find solutions independently using programming languages, best practices, and/or tools specific to technology platform and tier
- Ability to successfully debug complex issues found in production between multiple systems or services
- Expertise in multiple programming languages across multiple platforms including Javscript, Java (rhino), Golang, Python, Bash, Ruby (Sensu Checks & Extensions)
- Able to lead small, cross-functional, agile teams in various agile ceremonies (e.g. lead a stand-up, facilitate a pair programming session, code review with others, drive an idea at sprint planning, retrospective, etc.)
- A subject matter expert in one or more technical and/or product related areas – someone viewed as a go to senior technical person on a team
- Consistently demonstrates creative and useful ways of solving problems
- Elegance of code is often referenced by others as a leading example of good code quality
- Designs innovative approaches to solve broad technical problems.
- Sees upcoming problem areas and drives to solutions before they become problems
- 3+ years’ experience as a Linux/UNIX Engineer
- 5+ years’ experience as a developer
- Experience working in a hybrid cloud infrastructure is preferred
- Experience working with and deploying Highly Available and Highly Scalable applications.
- Experience instrumenting applications and infrastructure to collect and report on Availability, Capacity, Performance.
- Experience creating and consuming RESTful services at scale
- Experience with Data Analytics
Tools We Work With:
- MySQL, MS SQL Server, Cassandra, Hadoop, Spark and Hive
- Kafka, RabbitMQ
- Puppet, Jenkins, Salt, Rundeck
- Network Monitoring tools such as SevOne and Kentik
- Graphite, Grafana
- Openstack, Docker, Kubernetes
- Sensu, Moogsoft, SCOM
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.