ServiceMax is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to work on a cloud-based, mobile and social field service management application. At ServiceMax you will have the unique opportunity to join a collaborative team where you will work with product designers to create a cross platform mobile applications. You are a self-starter, always striving towards pixel-perfection, yet your solutions are intuitive. You appreciate the value of rigorous consistency coupled with the ability to remain flexible enough to accommodate critique and change the ServiceMax brand attribute we call humbleness.
You will be responsible for programing a feature and or a small feature set. You will contribute to the team and works with direction from the Senior Team Members or management but works independently.
In this role, you will:
· Act as a member of the Software Engineering team, representing the face of high quality design and development practices.
· Develop high performing, scaling and innovative end-to-end mobile applications.
· Collaborate with product managers, product architects and software engineers to implement solutions that are aligned with and extend shared platforms and solutions.
· Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques.
· Writes codes that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
· Work with Product Managers and tech lead to understand and develop user stories planned for each sprint/release.
· Work with Product Architects to understand and contribute to the technical design of user stories.
· Collaborate with quality engineers to ensure that full scope of user stories is tested.
· Mentor other engineers in the team, ensure adherence to software development and testing standards.
· Provide effort and risk estimates to support planning.
· Research new technologies, tools and develop proof of concepts as it applies to the product.
· Communicate effectively and consistently with other engineers, customers and management.
· Share technical knowledge and expertise with colleagues.
· Understand performance parameters and mobile application performance.
· Work on core data structures and algorithms as it applies to product and implement them using language of choice.
· Self-motivated and a lifelong learner
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
· A minimum of 6 years of professional experience in quality software development.
Eligibility Requirements: (Country Specific)
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
· Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
· Must be willing to work out of an office located in Pleasanton, CA
· Have good grasp of core concepts of computer science. Must be good with algorithms and data structures.
· Emphasis on creating secure mobile applications that perform at scale.
· Have practical knowledge and proficiency with React for web or React Native, and integration with RESTful services.
· Good understanding of Git and version control.
· Knowledge of relational databases and be able to write complex queries.
· Good grasp on unit testing and automation testing. We take product quality very seriously.
· Experience with continuous software integration and deployment.
· Experience with agile development methodology.
· Knowledge of software architecture and design patterns.
· Communication skills for a highly collaborative software development process with distributed teams.
· Passionate and enthusiastic about the job.
· Commitment to continuously learn and improve.
· Must be a team player and help mentor Juniors