At Imperfect, our software engineering team builds the e-commerce platform and internal tooling that drives our mission. The team partners closely with product management and UX designers to develop features, solutions, and systems that enhance and transform user experience. Imperfect Engineers don’t just build widgets -- we participate in the full life-cycle of a feature, from conception to release. We’re a remote first team with members throughout the US. This role will report to the Engineering Manager for mobile development.
We have heaps of interesting problems to solve around customer experience, logistics, supply chain and scale. We’re looking for an experienced UX engineer to help us take the work out of grocery shopping by building delightfully functional mobile experiences.
If owning the full product engineering lifecycle, sustainability, preventing food waste, and working daily with a bunch of pleasant people excites you, come join us!
- Collaborate with other team members to provide strong customer-focused experiences
- Own the full software development lifecycle, from initial concepts, requirements gathering, development, testing, deployment and maintenance
- Actively contribute to team and company standards
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, and writing maintainable code)
- Ensure the reliability of systems essential to Imperfect customers and internal users
- Keep up-to-date with the latest technology developments related to your domain
- Ability to mentor other team members
Skills and Qualifications:
- 4+ years industry experience in mobile engineering, at least 2 of those years specifically with React Native
- Industry experience and a high level of comfort with React
- Highly adept with asynchronous application logic to fetch data from APIs
- Full knowledge of the DOM, new HTML5 constructs, and CSS3
- A strong commitment to crafting maintainable, dependable code
- A pragmatic, customer-centric approach to problem solving
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases, such as PostgreSQL
- You have a pragmatic, customer-centric approach to problem-solving
- You have a sincere commitment to crafting maintainable, dependable systems
- You have the willingness and ability to contribute to a team culture of quality
- You're passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste and create a better food system for all
Details of Position:
- Full-time exempt position
- Candidate can be remotely located within the US
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
- A mix of sedentary and standing work
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens
- Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets