Our Services team is fast-paced and agile with weekly production pushes. We are a community of talented engineers who are passionate about building highly scalable, data intensive, solutions on an open source software stack. We make architecture decisions collaboratively and iterate quickly. We keep alive an inherently startup-like, risk-taking culture but we also take the responsibility seriously to carry one of the world’s most recognizable software brand names - Microsoft. We are looking for developers that are passionate about building APIs, infrastructure and backend platform services. You will be working withmobile and web app teams to deliver a holistic experience that’s optimized around providing the best user experience possible.
• Build, design and implement scalable, robust and reliable cloud-based web applications and RESTful API services.
• Help drive the design and architecture of next-generation real-time API services and streaming/batch processing architecture.
• Design and implement critical, highly scalable systems and algorithms to run analytics, workflow and machine learning.
• Write code to develop new software products and/or features, manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
• Collaborate with product, design, marketing, growth, support and quality teams to define and deliver product roadmaps.
• Identify opportunities and implement solutions to improve engineering productivity.
• BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent work experience.
• 8+ years general software programming experience in Python or Java.
• Large-scale systems software design and development experience, with experience in Unix/Linux.
• Experience with Database design and SQL/NoSQL data-stores, and/or knowledge of TCP/IP and network programming.
• Experience designing and implementing large scale distributed systems for stream and batch processing.
• Experienceworking with Python/Django in a production environment.
• Experienceworking with SQL/NoSQL data stores such as PostgreSQL, SQL Server, MongoDB, Redis etc.
• Experienceworking with Apache Kafka and stream processing technologies like Apache Spark, or Storm.
• Experience in running production services on containers technologies like Kubernetes.
• Experience with public cloud services such as Azure.
• Experience working in Agile/SCRUM teams.