Microsoft's Business Application Group is looking for an enthusiastic, talented, driven, energetic, experienced Software Development Engineer who can make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of high-scale distributed systems and transform key services that power Microsoft's business. As a Senior Software Development Engineer in the team, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative solutions.
Our culture emphasizes continuous improvement, customer focus, and engineering excellence in a collaborative environment.We are looking for outstanding engineers to join our team and make our world-class cloud infrastructure even better.
- Lead the design of features and initiatives across the organization, including the preparation of technical requirements and design specifications
- Investigate, prototype, and deliver new and innovative solutions
- Deliver high quality software via working in a dynamic, team-focused Agile/Scrum environment.
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, ensure designs meet requirements, and deliver exceptional-quality work on tight schedules
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Extensive professional hands-on experience in software development of large-scale distributed services
- Proficient in, at least, one modern programming language such as C#, SQL, PowerShell, or Python.
- Experience contributing to the architecture, design, coding, debugging, and problem solving
- Experience developing complex software systems that have delivered value to the customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations