Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
We are looking for excellent software engineers that will be part of the End User Engineering (EUE) team and contribute to the evolution of end user services. EUE deals with creating and operating work environments that are comfortable, functional, collaborative, and efficient. It enables employees to realize their potential and helps Microsoft achieve greater business results.
As a software engineer, you will be involved in designing, coding, and testing features that enable our business partners. You will develop software and services at scale, innovating on the latest technologies (Cloud, Big Data, data warehouse, data factories) while engineering as a DevOps in a highly automated environment with Continuous Integration & Deployment as well as instrumenting telemetry that helps us monitor our service and helps diagnose and resolve issues quickly. You will work closely with peers across teams to help build flexible and high-performing components that enable next generation of business services.Responsibilities:
- Are passionate about designing, building and deploying large, scalable data platforms that generate insights to improve customer experiences
- Are able to design and create efficient data ingestion and migration paths from legacy infrastructure to modern data platform solutions
- Implement and drive efficient DevOps processes and automation for data storage and transformation infrastructure
- Apply data science, machine learning and/or graph analysis techniques to a variety of modeling and relevance problems involving customer experiences
- Create and maintain a reference architecture for a ML data platform.
- Are ambitious about being analytical and data-driven, and learn by experimenting
- Are a great communicator, able to convey complex issues, ideas and concepts clearly
- Love mentoring and helping others grow in their career
- Are great at establishing and growing organizational relationships
- Have 5+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Have 2+ years API development experience.
- Have experience with information retrieval patterns as they pertain to data warehousing and cloud storage.
- Have experience with conducting statistical analysis and evaluating statistical significance to identify meaningful insights.
- Have demonstrated experience designing and deploying ML models to the cloud for production use.
- Have experience with creation and maintenance of reference architecture.
Preferred, not required:
- Have 2+ years of development of machine learning, natural language processing or deep learning production models
- Experience with any analytical / visualization tool (Power BI, Cognos, OBIEE, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience in service-oriented architecture using microservices.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.