At Microsoft , our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. For over two decades now, Windows has democratized computing and made it possible for billions of humans everywhere to achieve more!
With the power of a Common Core Platform enabling new and innovative category defining Devices (like HoloLens, Surface Studio, Surface Dial etc.) backed by Intelligent Cloud Services (like XBOX Live , Office365, OneDrive, Universal Store, Beam Streaming, LinkedIn , Dynamics CRM, Bing , Skype, Yammer, Microsoft Health etc.), Windows continues to enable users to have Seamless, Secure and Intuitive game changing Experiences (like 3D Object Creation, Holographic Computing, Augmented / Virtual Reality, 4k Gaming, Inking, Cortana Personal Assistant etc.) across multiple devices in a complex and socially connected world.
The Windows Core Networking , Data and Intelligence team is looking for a skilled, customer-obsessed engineer to help connect , analyze , and validate the Windows-powered devices of the future ! Connectivity is crucial to the intelligent cloud and intelligent edge. Come help shape a part of the team which enables devices to be always-connected . Help enable our customers to achieve more.
The Windows Core Networking team enables the fabric that connects data centers to devices around the world. Whether you are using Hyper-V, Containers or just want to surf the web , our team is responsible for ensuring reliable and efficient communications that meet our customers' high expectations. We collaborate with teams inside and out of Microsoft to ensure connectivity scenarios are high quality across all platforms: Azure, Servers, XBox & Client . Everything we do is data-driven with a sharp focus on achieving excellence in performance, reliability and security for all things related to networking connectivity.
As part of the Data and Inte lligence team you will represent the voice of the customer. This role focuses on build ing and listening to signals for measur ing the quality of the product . These efforts include building out large test environments to simulate customer behavior s , i nstrumenting and analyzing customer t elemetr y and building diagnostics tooling.Responsibilities:
Qualifications: Required Qualifications :
- Work ing with partner disciplines to define, measure and report on the health of Networking for Windows.
- Creation of test suites and environment s that represent Customer scenarios.
- Creation, monitoring and reporting on key customer measures and metrics.
- Work ing with customers to build tools to help configure and diagnose their environments .
- 2+ years' experience with Networking Technologies (e.g. TCP, UDP, DHCP, IPv6)
- 4 + years' Experience with code design and implementation of object-oriented solutions using languages like C++/C#/ Java
- 4 + years' experience with core computer science concepts
- A track-record of contributing to shipping products and having been through more than one development cycle
- Experience with the d esign, implementation, debugging and testing complex systems
- Experience with automation frameworks and techniques
- Strong customer empathy, communication, technical leadership and influencing skills
- Proficient in data analytics techniques: cleaning, transforming, modeling, and visualizing data
- Pattern recognition and statistical analysis skills \\
- BS/MS/PhD. Degree in Computer Science , Data Science , Mathematics or related fields or equivalent experience
Ability to meet Microsoft , customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.