In this team, you will have the opportunity to design and develop creative and compelling, solutions in cloud that accomplishes the business outcomes in an automated, timely, cost-effective, compliant and secure way. You will develop software and services at scale, innovating on the latest technologies and modern engineering practices. Delivery of solutions will be done via a DevOps model where success not only includes delivering business value but having a cost-effective, reliable, stable and supportable solution. We partner closely with Microsoft product engineering teams to ensure a great solution is delivered that can help our customers around the world and serve as a showcase to industry. To summarize, you will be an integral part of the digital transformation that is happening in Microsoft getting your hands in engineering systems of: observation, intelligence/insights/analytics, recording/reporting and engagement.
As a senior software engineer, you will:
- Design, Implement, Validate, Release components/services/systems using your software engineering (designing, coding, review, testing, debugging, problem solving and analytical) skills in agile team that will measurably add value to our business partners and stakeholders.
- Develop designs that are complete from a usability, reliability, security, performance, scale, maintainability, extensibility and built-with-ops-as-first class aspects for the different components/services/system(s) in a cloud world.
- Write highly efficient clean code that can process large amounts of transactions with low latency and high reliability
- Design and implement cloud-based distributed systems load balanced over hot/warm/cold storage solutions (blobs/parquet, azure tables, in-memory distributed caches)
- Design and implement accurate and actionable internal monitoring and tooling to help maintain business SLAs and system health
- Participate in On Call and Site Reliability rotations to support live site and drive engineered solutions to improve customer experiences.
- Learn with and as appropriate, lead the team in adopting relevant new technologies, tools, methods and processes that progressively advances our services' capabilities to its different stakeholders.
- Provide critical thinking, technical innovation, and attention to detail while serving as a trusted advisor in the organization.
- Gain understanding of Microsoft businesses and the varied processes along with their outcomes and collaborate with all stakeholders to contribute to a cohesive set of capabilities built to deliver frictionless experience.
- Define estimates, roadmaps and contribute to with strategy elements – from ideation to articulation to delivery.
- Stay educated on existing, emerging technologies and deliver POCs to evaluate technology development towards service modernization and capabilities enhancements.
- Collaborate effectively with other teams and disciplines and drives improvements in engineering at the org level
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required
- Overall 8+ development and test automation experience
- 5+ years of software engineering experience building and shipping large-scale, high performance, scalable systems and services.
- 3+ years of experience with distributed computing, and databases.
- MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- Excellent programming skills in any object-oriented languages
- Solid knowledge of data-structures, algorithms and object-oriented design patterns
- Understanding of distributed state management
- Experience writing and debugging asynchronous and multi-threaded code
- Experience developing distributed data processing pipelines
- Experience developing IaaS / PaaS services for a Cloud Platform
- Experience in a DevOps culture supporting live site.
- Working experience with Azure platform
- Experience in Agile execution / delivery.
- Strong skills in designing, implementing and testing Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), REST APIs & micro services.
- Experience with Data Warehouse, reporting frameworks, building and leveraging data lake on Azure or from other cloud solutions providers.