As an experienced Software Engineer on our team, you'll be responsible for and will engage in:
- Driving projects from design through implementation, experimentation and finally shipping to our users.
- Building large-scale high-performant search and question-answering systems on billions~trillions of data.
- Working with big data by training, extending and shipping the capability of deep learning models to provide compelling experiences across our products.
As a fast growing team with a wide breadth of opportunities, projects are assigned based on your particular interests, experiences, skillset and background. These projects can span across areas such as: large scale data pipelines, data engineering, system optimization, modeling, debugging/monitoring tools, and shipment of cutting-edge technology for 100s of millions of users.
- A Bachelors degree or advanced degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or other related technical areas (including mathematics and physics)
- 6+ years of experience coding in C++, C#, C, Java or Python
- 3+ years industry experience with one or more of the following: Machine Learning fundamentals, Distributed Systems, Information Retrieval and/or Data Mining
These are other experiences and qualifications that may help a person succeed in this role, but are not required:
- Strong ability and effectiveness working end-to-end in a challenging technical problem domain (plan, design, execution, continuous release and service operation)
- Strong software engineering fundamentals, including coding, problem solving and data analysis skills.
- Ability to effectively work in collaborative, multi-project team environment and ship production features in a fast-paced environment.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Customer/End-result/Metrics driven in design and development.
- Keen ability and motivation to learn, enter new domains, and manage through ambiguity.
- Passionate and self-motivated