Can you keep a Promise using NodeJS? Or do you prefer pets to cattle? If you know what either is referring to, let’s talk. We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Microservices team and build the next generation of Updater products.
Updater is one of the fastest growing tech companies in NYC, and our goal is to streamline the moving process for the millions of households who move each year. Moving is complicated, but it shouldn’t be. That’s why our platform is comprised of a suite of both business and consumer-facing apps: from a consumer-facing platform to a variety of products for real estate companies to an API and an Integrations Platform.
Our microservices are currently written in NodeJS, and supporting products in AngularJS and Ruby. We chose these tools thoughtfully because they were the best choice for our products at the time. However, we’re not dogmatic and evaluate new frameworks and our stack frequently. From architecture discussions to evaluating new tools and building out new features, you’ll have a tremendous impact on the team.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll join a new team at Updater and be instrumental in building not only a new microservices platform, but the core services themselves that will drive the business forward.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate daily with product, internal stakeholders, and other engineers to design and build microservices to support all aspects of the business
- Engage in architecture and infrastructure decisions for the product(s) you own
- Take responsibility for planning and execution of business-critical products
- Own the QA, operations, and performance of your products
What you’ll have:
- 5+ years experienceworking with NodeJS building server-side, distributed or service oriented systems on a strong engineering team.
- Experience building Docker images and using Docker for development and deployment, or a willingness to learn.
- Tremendous domain knowledge. You’re intellectually curious, and understand the pros and cons of different tools and technologies.
- A pragmatic approach to engineering. You have opinions about engineering processes, architecture, infrastructure, and tools, but understand there are often multiple valid ways to solve a problem.
- Product and business sense. You care about the impact of your work on the business and end user and take a proactive approach to working with Product.
A month at Updater might include:
- Rotating office DJ duties
- Catered Monday breakfasts, Friday lunches, and rip-roaring happy hours
- Awesome off-site activities, like zombie laser tag and Escape the Room (just to name a few!)
- Cross-functional collaboration with the entire team
- Group outings to NYC Meetup events
Compensation & Benefits:
We're looking for top-tier talent, and we offer compensation packages that include competitive base salary & stock options. Our comprehensive benefits programs include health care, dental, transportation subsidies, and Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO).