We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.About the job:
We are looking for a Full-Stack Senior Software Engineer to join an Agile team that will be designing and delivering accessible, flexible, scalable, and secure domestic payment solutions for a variety of customers. You will be engaged in challenging, innovative projects that will help drive the modernization of payment systems.
You will be working with individuals who bring varying levels of experience in a collaborative, Agile environment, contributing to engineering and implementing new features, modernizing systems, cleaning up tech debt, all using hypothesis-driven & test-and-learn approaches. The industry changes quickly, so we are looking for candidates who can respond to change, pick up new technologies quickly and adapt to changing requirements. We also want candidates who take pride in their work and have strong design and development expertise. We value quality code delivery and expect candidates to demonstrate competence at writing, testing and debugging code.
We encourage you to apply and bring your expertise if you're a:
- Strategic partner: You take the big picture view, whether you're supervising architecture migrations or maintaining critical relationships with vendors and business partners.
- Motivated mentor: Exercise your technical chops while coaching and collaborating with junior software engineers.
- Systems-level engineer: Working together with your business partners, you'll develop technical requirements and design robust and flexible product and system architectures.
- Forward thinker with a Growth Mindset: Leading by example, you'll promote a culture of continuous improvement by finding solutions that increase efficiency, accelerate the adoption of new technologies and enhance profitability.
Primary Location: Remote
Salary: USD $96,600.00 - $140,000.00 / Year
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel: As Needed
- Bachelor's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience.
- Generally, a minimum of 5 years of professional experience.
- Experience working in an agile environment utilizing Scrum, Kanban or XP
- An ability to code in multiple languages, including an object-oriented language
- Strong oral and written communication skills-and a knack for explaining your decision-making process to non-engineers
- A collaborative, adaptable working style, demonstrated initiative and the ability to prioritize your time and efforts
- A thorough grasp of technology concepts, business operations, design and development tools, system architecture and technical standards
- A background in business operations and strategies, with a focus on business IT
- A history of translating client requirements into technical designs
- Experience building or integrating with APIs/microservices
- Ability to write readable, maintainable, and performant code
- Experience with cloud technologies in AWS
- User Interface/Front-end experience a plus but not a requirement
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical or business discipline, or equivalent experience
Featured BenefitsHere's some of what you can look forward to as one of our employees.
Competitive CompensationOur compensation programs are designed to deliver above-market pay if you perform well, and significantly above that for exceptional performance over time. Virtually every employee is eligible for some type of variable incentive pay in addition to his or her base pay.
Flexible Work ArrangementsWe understand the role work-life balance plays in your ability to stay energized and engaged. So we place an emphasis on regular hours, flex scheduling, and generous time off through paid holidays, vacation days, and more.
Top-Notch Retirement PlansOur pension plan provides a monthly credit equal to 5% of your eligible compensation. You can also participate in our 401(k) plan, which offers a guaranteed match of $0.50 for every $1 you contribute, up to 8% of your eligible pay.
Career DevelopmentFrom regular coaching planning, to paid training, licensing, and 100% tuition reimbursement for approved courses, we're dedicated to your continued growth, because we know it leads to continued success.
Health & WellnessYou'll have access to comprehensive health, dental, and vision coverage, as well as a host of other insurance and wellness benefits-including progressive parental benefits and support.
See Full Benefits
Why Liberty Mutual?
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a "Great Place to Work" by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the "100 Best Places to Work in IT" on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates-as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion.
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.