Senior Software Engineer, Media Platform
Who We Are:
Twitter is looking for an expert software engineer to take on the implementation of backend services responsible for media processing. Media is at the core of Twitter’s present, with video ad products accounting for the largest and fastest growing portion of Twitter’s overall revenue, and central to its future. We own services that handle ingestion, transcoding and delivery for images, gifs, and on-demand videos for 100’s of millions of users. We take care of massive scale, with some of our services handling millions of transactions per second.
What You Will Do:
You will design, build, maintain, and support the services that enable media at Twitter. As an engineer on the media platform team, you’ll collaborate with client teams, platform service teams, and 3rd parties to help Twitter deliver cutting edge media experiences. You will demonstrate your video processing expertise and our experimentation framework to drive impactful improvements to video playback performance. You will collaborate with elite machine learning engineers to help improve our understanding of media.
Who You Are:
A software engineer with video experience building reliable, highly-scaled distributed systems. You love mentoring junior engineers, working cross-team and collaborating with product management, and building rock-solid, maintainable, testable code.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or similar technical field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of software engineering experience with best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- 3+ years experience with Digital Video/Image technologies (e.g Video Encoding, Adaptive Streaming, Image Processing)
- 5+ years experience developing large-scale distributed systems
- Experience with Scala and/or C++ languages
- Experience with HLS, h264, HEVC, MP4, fMP4, Dash technologies