Senior Software Engineer - Marketing
At Principal®, every role supports a greater purpose— to help people live their best lives. And after more than 130 years we’ve never had a more vibrant and dynamic global team united in our purpose. Our employees are empowered to do their best work. We care about more than just skillsets and job responsibilities. We’re invested in helping our employees diversify their experiences, meet new challenges and reach bigger goals. Working at Principal comes with many opportunities and paths for career growth—all in the kind of welcoming, collaborative and community-spirited environment you’ll look forward to working in every day. We are investing to improve our customer experience which allows our teams to partner closely with marketing throughout the company to create best-in-class digitalexperiences. We have an exciting opportunity for a senior level Software Engineer to make a strategic impact for our customers.
The Global Center for Brand and Insightsportfoliosupports a wide variety of heavily-used applications tosupport marketing areas throughout the company. This includes a blend ofinternally developed applications as well as cloud solutions. Some of our keyinvestments in 2018 will include:
- Our public website, www.principal.com, which is powered by Drupal and our front-end framework based on Bootstrap.
- A global marketing automation platform, delivered by Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- A way to better understand our customers with investments in voice of the customer and digital analytics technologies.
To be successful in this role, you need to be an excellent problem solver, a lifelong learner and effectively create, influence and communicate technical solutions, strategies, and designs. The role will be part of a great digital marketing technical team who works closely with product management. We are open to remote opportunities for the right candiate.
We are looking for someone with 8+ years of professional development experience. The strongest candidates would have a computer-related degree and 8+ years of professional full-stack development experience as well as exposure to many of the “preferred” skills listed below.
Additional preferred experience
- Building creative solutions using vendor software packages especially those in the Marketing Technology space; specific experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Medallia, and digital analytics tools are a plus
- Familiarity with automated quality assurance practices
- Proven ability to show leadership through mentoring and partnering with business partners
- Demonstrated commitment to lifelong learning
- Understanding of secure software principles
- Passion to produce high quality solutions by pairing and mobbing
- Desire to participate in a continuous integration and improvement environment, open to experimentation