The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for actively participating in all phases of the software development lifecycle of the global consumer experience and e-commerce platform.
You must be a hands-on technology professional with development experience in public facing, enterprise class, and online systems. Experience should include e-commerce platforms, content management systems (CMS) and associated integrations. You must possess the ability and desire to be flexible and quickly learn new technologies and skills.
You need to be comfortable with developing solutions in a group or individual environment and working closely with internal customers, colleagues and stakeholders on support and new development within existing or new architectures. This position will be responsible for leading technical projects.
- You will work as part of a cross-functional, e-commerce development team responsible for new application development, integration and/or improving existing applications within the Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware) platform.
- Ability to lead the team in defining technical requirements and solutions and drive projects through all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Hands-on development of web-based applications in a public facing, global e-commerce environment including integrations with external systems and third parties such as CMS, CRM, ERP and payment processors. Involvement spans all aspects of front and back end development, from making pixel perfect sites to integrating code with backend systems.
- Develop reusable UI components that address customer requirements and business needs.
- Actively participate in all phases of the software development life cycle including analysis, design, development, testing and implementation.
- Take a leadership role with coding standards, conduct code reviews, and enforce best practices for source control, testing, release management, and associated processes.
- Maintain and support existing applications including content updates, functional enhancements and issue resolution.
- Perform QA and regression testing of web components including but not limited to browser compatibility.
- Build and maintain good, positive relationships with both internal and external partners.
- Ability to lead peers, projects, vendors and mentor other team members.
- A solid understanding of usability, search engine optimization (SEO) and information architecture.
- Passion for everything web related and knowledge of cloud based technologies.
- Familiarity with accessibility (a11y) and internationalization (i18n) standards.
- 8+ years of relevant experience including e-commerce, web application development and systems integration.
- Multiple years’ experience designing, developing and integrating solutions on an e-commerce platform such as Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware), Magento or Hybris.
- Extensive experience converting PSDs into standards-compliant front end code (hand coding).
- Experience developing for mobile web browsers using the latest technologies including responsive web design and associated frameworks.
- Object Oriented Analysis/Design/Development and MVC experience.
- Experienceworking with and/or integrating to systems such as ERP and CRM.
- A Bachelor’s degree in MIS, CS or related field.
- Must be a well-rounded and flexible technology professional with a strong work ethic who is willing and able to learn new technologies quickly.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated problem solver with strong attention to detail, time management and organizational skills that can lead and work independently under tight deadlines.
- Familiarity with scrum and working in an agile project environment using modern tools such as Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Git, Slack, and Jenkins.
- Ability to lead and work on multiple projects, reprioritize as needed and consistently deliver on time.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to effectively communicate and thrive in a cross-functional development environment as well as stay on task when working alone.
- Understanding of complex ecommerce environments, architectures and integrations.
- Strong working knowledge of object oriented analysis, design and development