Billions of events. Millions of websites. One platform.
Squarespace has access to incredibly rich data sources of both content creation and user behavior. We're looking for creative people with analytical minds and machine learning expertise to transform these datasets into a better experiences. We are looking for leaders who are hands-on - both regarding writing Python, designing machine learning models, and contributing to user experience discussions, and who also want to contribute by mentoring engineers on the team.
- Design and implement machine learning solutions for Squarespace involving recommendation systems, representation learning, natural language processing, and computer vision.
- Work on creating and growing our machine learning platforms and services to large datasets and new applications for Squarespace's products.
- Pick up new languages and technologies as needed. We currently use Python3, Scikit-Learn, Tensorflow, Keras, Spark, Docker, Hadoop, and Kubernetes, among others
- Collaborate with teams across the organization both technically and functionally to help promote machine learning.
- Commitment to continuous improvement, evaluation, and automation of tasks to maintain a high standard of quality.
- Translate complex product and user problems/needs into elegant software solutions.
- M.Sc. or higher in Computer Science with a focus in Machine Learning or related field preferred
- Research or advanced experience with a combination of natural language processing, computer vision, recommendation systems and user behavior
- Experience implementing machine learning systems in production at scale in Python or similar (not just R or Matlab)
- Can recognize and implement machine learning applications with a high value to the business
- 3+ years of experience with a large-scale data processing tools such as Apache Spark or Hadoop
- Passionate about data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation
- Creative with new challenges and prototyping