There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: develop a cloud data platform that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake developed an innovative new product with a built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. We are now a global, world-class organization with offices in more than a dozen countries and serving many more.
AS A SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER AT SNOWFLAKE YOU WILL:
- Build highly reliable software to meet the needs of the world’s largest enterprises.
- Be the owner of business critical functionality and services
- You will collaborate with product management, senior engineers, and architects on the definition of the next generation of the ML-ready data cloud
- Understand customer requirements and business goals, and participate in the design of machine learning platform features.
- Develop solid plans for development and rollout of new features to our cloud platform.
- Ensure operational readiness of the services and meet the commitments to our customers regarding reliability, availability and performance.
OUR IDEAL SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER WILL HAVE:
- 7+ years industry experience designing, building, and supporting Internet serving infrastructure, machine learning platforms, machine learning services and frameworks.
- Extremely strong fundamental computer science skills, particularly computer systems (e.g., distributed systems, database systems).
- Deep fluency in Python and C++. Java experience is a plus.
- Ability to work in a team environment, collaborate well, and mentor junior engineers.
- Experience planning complex projects with cross-functional dependencies.
- Ability to work on-site in our downtown Bellevue office.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science.
BONUS POINTS FOR EXPERIENCE WITH THE FOLLOWING:
- Experience in building machine learning training platforms
- Experience in building machine learning data and feature platforms
- Experience in building machine learning prediction platforms
- Experience building lineage and metadata systems
- Data warehouse design, database systems, and large-scale data processing solutions.
- Experience in adapting machine learning techniques to highly parallel and distributed environments.
- Experience with common ML frameworks such as Spark, MLlib, Tensorflow, Pytorch, XGBoost, or scikit-learn.
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science with specialization in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, or related technical field.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.