The Senior Software Engineerposition requires a thorough understanding of concepts and methodologies to perform assignments of significant difficulty. This position requires ability to perform in-depth analysis of highly complex client situations and the application of the principles of the discipline to satisfy client requirements
The applicant needs to be self-driven and have the ability to work in a team designing and developing high quality customer driven ready to ship solutions. A candidate has strong working knowledge of software lifecycles including the design, development, test & implementation of systems solutions touching on a wide variety of technologies.
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
- Develops systems and software solutions by studying information needs; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; write software meeting specifications and requirements;
- Documents and demonstrates complex solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code while working within the Agile Scrum software development methodology.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies, processes and procedures.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related tasks as assigned.
- B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering;
- 10+ years of experience in developing complex system solutions;
- Linux system experiencerequired;
- Virtualization experience in technologies such as KVM or Docker;
- Proficiency with C or similar programming language;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required;
- Strong collaboration skills are a must.
- Experience in relational database, MySQL and MariaDB preferable
- Background in security and network products
- Understanding of low level network protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, etc.) a plus
- Experience in Regex technologies and tools a plus
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum development environment strongly desired