Description:At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems. Our culture supports employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Lockheed Martin's Apex Engineering Team develops and operates engineering and sustainment solutions for commercial, military and intelligence users across the globe in support of national security. We are seeking a dynamic Software Engineer to help support these critical efforts, which include development of innovative enterprise, cloud and application-based solutions in support of OPIR sensor data stream processing.
As a key member of a high-performing team you must be passionate about your trade, focused on mission system quality, and supportive of timely delivery of features and capabilities. You will focus on achieving innovative and ingenious outcomes to software design problems from a team perspective as well as individual contributions. Your role will act as a subject matter for software engineering, design, testing and integration. This position involves design, development, testing and maintenance of C++ and Python code. You will participate in the full software development lifecycle using the Apex Scalable Agile Methodology and as a senior team member be responsible for directing the development of creative, straightforward solutions to technical and user experience challenges.
Typically has 14 - 20 years of professional experience.
This position is in beautiful Boulder, Colorado location which has numerous amenities such as a fitness center, daily rotating food trucks, and a collaborative and modern agile workspace.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that supports differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering, scientific, or computer science discipline
- C++ programming experience
- Experience developing in a Linux environment
- Experience with agile development
- Experience leading and/or developing complex products
- TS Clearance is required for this position with ability to obtain TS/SCI
- Linux OS background
- Python programming experience
- Mission Data Processing experience
- Experience with cloud development (Amazon Web Services)
- Experience with virtual computing environments (VMWare)
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, GitLab, etc.
- Experience with system provisioning tools such as Chef, Ansible, Puppet, etc.
- Experience in designing/testing software from a System Engineering perspective
- Strong teamwork skills
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills