We design. We build. We code. We think. We craft. We engineer. We teach. We learn. We Invent.
At littleBits, we’re on a mission to democratize hardware by empowering everyone to create inventions, large and small, with our platform of easy-to- use electronic building blocks. And we believe this mission starts with you. When you join the team, you’ll enter a workspace that encourages innovation, creative expression, teamwork, and transparency. We also encourage spontaneous sing-a- longs, furry friends, roaming robots, and lots of laughs. If you are genuinely excited about our mission, and about working with a smart, dedicated and talented group of inventors, artists and doers, we want you on our team!
The SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER will be responsible for helping develop apps directed at a very broad consumer audience. This is an opportunity to work on a greenfield project and support and grow it as it becomes a platform for learning and community. Your input will be needed and valued as we iterate towards an application experience that draws in the user while packing some serious innovation under the hood.
You will be working with a top-notch engineering, design, and product management team - a key player in an organization that breathes innovation.
WHAT YOU’LL DO AS A SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER:
- Collaborate with Hardware and Software teams acting as a “bridge” between both departments advancing product development
- Write drivers on a native operating system or socket level programming
- Write high-quality code that helps our customers and colleagues achieve our mission
- Contribute to architecture and product definition
- Share knowledge and learn in an agile development process
- Mentor other developers
THE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE YOU’LL NEED AS A SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER:
- Strong skills in rapid prototyping of low level protocols - ability to interpret a binary protocol, timing diagrams, and validate against requirements.
- Comfortable with BLE and Wireless communication protocols and networking
- Strong sense of ownership and urgency
- Ability to form collaborative and positive relationships with both technical colleagues and business partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to itemize and estimate deliverables, and author technical specs
- Establish priorities and deliver against company goals and metrics
- Experience working in an IoT or related environment
- BLE and Wireless development experience
- Mobile app development experience
- Experience with start-ups and agile software processes
- Delivery-focused entrepreneurial mindset and bias towards action
THE PERKS YOU’LL ENJOY AS A SOFTWARE ENGINEER:
- Being part of an awesome team that keeps playful inventing at the heart of all we do
- Sweeping views of the Hudson, a tricked-out office and fully stocked kitchen
- All the oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, microscopes, microchips, soldering irons, laser cutters, 3D printers, craft supplies and googly eyes you could ever want
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, commuter checks, FSA and 401(K) with an abbreviated waiting period
- Stock options that go along with a high-growth, well-funded startup
- Flexible working hours and a generous vacation and sick day policy