Senior Software Engineer
Overview of Role:
Liquid Robotics is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our team for the development of autonomous ocean robotics and associated software. By joining our small but highly motivated team, you will be involved with software engineering activities and interact with mechanical and electrical teams to deliver world-changing products. The successful candidate will bring strong software design, development and debugging skills, will be motivated by our vision to change the world, and will be excited to work in a dynamic, small-company environment. This role requires a full-time presence in our Sunnyvale, CA headquarters.
- Software design, development, integration and validation for autonomous vehicle control, device management, navigation, communications, and related applications.
- Interact with product management to obtain and understand requirements and deliverables, and with QA to develop test plans.
- Interface with vehicle and shore-side software team members, mechanical and electrical groups.
- Present regular product development status and validation results.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science with strong Computer Science fundamentals.
- Minimum 12 years experience developing software for products that integrate mechanical, electronic, and software components to deliver complete solutions.
- Demonstrated mastery of Java, OOP, Linux and related technologies; be prepared to explain examples of your prior work.
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills; ability to work with cross departmental groups including other engineering departments, manufacturing, field support, sales engineering.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced and dynamic environment where initiative is required for success.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Releasing production quality code.
- Understanding product and customer requirements & use cases.
- Debugging tools, automated testing and software test processes & metrics.
- Understanding diagnostics and fault management on autonomous vehicles.
- Experience with Embedded systems, robotics, autonomous vehicles.
- Experience with Ocean/Marine applications engineering including sensor integration.
Liquid Robotics designs and manufactures Wave Gliders®, the world's first wave and solar powered autonomous ocean robots. With partners, they address challenges facing defense, Oil & Gas, commercial and science customers by making ocean data collections and communications easier safer and in real-time. Liquid Robotics was acquired by Boeing in December of 2016 and operates as an independent non-integrated subsidiary.