NVIDIA is looking for a top-tier Software Engineer to join the NVIDIA-Cumulus Linux Platform Team!
Are you looking for an exciting role that allows you to lead feature development and verification, take full ownership of tasks from A-Z and deliver independently with minimum supervision? We present you with an opportunity to dip your fingers into development and also be partly responsible for the functional testing of Ethernet Switching platforms in the Networking Business unit. You will be part of the team that develops the Network Operating System software that powers data centers that are accelerated, disaggregated and software-defined to meet the exploding growth in AI and high performance computing. Here is an outstanding opportunity to be working with us on building and validating new and existing switch platforms, new functionalities added to the NOS, develop automated test suites and liaison between NOS Development, Validation and other Engineering groups responsible for end to end deployment !What you'll be doing:
What we need to see:
- Development and validation of Nvidia-Mellanox Spectrum series Ethernet Switch systems running Nvidia-Cumulus Linux.
- Define, develop, validate and maintain various features of the NOS.
- Build and maintain automation required to ensure quality via continuous functional regression.
- Collaborate with design, test and other internal engineering groups to identify, report and resolve issues found during testing.
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- B.S degree or equivalent experience in Engineering/Computer Science/related field
- 10+ years of proven experience in Software Engineering.
- Strong technical abilities, problem solving, design, coding and debugging skills.
- Good knowledge of switching and routing protocols, having developed and verified code for data center switching ASICs
- Strong experience working on Unix or Linux based OS and scripting languages like Python
- Battle scars from solving problems in production network deployments with multi-tasking ability and good interpersonal skills.
- Experience with CI methodology & tools (Git, Gerrit, Jenkins etc.) and solid understanding of software engineering practices.
- Experience with bring up and troubleshooting of Ethernet interfaces and modules
- Basic High Speed Ethernet experience, Auto-negotiation, understanding of Ethernet FEC and solving problems with optical links
- Basic experience with Hardware like I2C bus, Embedded systems and real-time computing, High speed signals, Drivers and Phys
- Ability to deliver end-to-end : Design, code, validate while working with geographically distributed teams across time zones.
- Experience with system performance tuning and troubleshooting
It's not just technology though! It is our people, some of the brightest in the world. At the center of NVIDIA's culture are our core values like innovation, perfection, determination and team-work, that guides us to be the best we can be. This makes NVIDIA one of the most innovative and dynamic places to work. We do our life's work here, and if you are creative and driven, then we want to hear from you.
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.