The Defense and Intelligence Division of Leidos has a career opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer with a TS/SCI polygraph clearance.
RIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: This candidate will:
• Define application objectives by analyzing user requirements, envisioning system features and functionality.
• Design and develop user interfaces and applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle, determining design methodologies and tool sets, completing programming using languages and software products, and designing and conducting tests.
• Integrate applications by designing database architecture and server scripting, studying and establishing connectivity with network systems and information servers.
• Perform application development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
• Support users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
• Research new internet/intranet technologies and software products.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience .
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION: The candidate must have:
• A minimum of 13 years of experience in software development, programming, and/or engineering
• Basic understanding of modern telephony systems
• Experience with basic networking
• Knowledge of SCRUM/AGILE processes
• Experience with cellular technologies
• Familiarity with various signals processing systems
• Experience with tool and/or new technology investigations (i.e., Cost/Benefit Analysis)
• Strong experience in optimizing GUI displays
• Experience with Java, Java Widget Toolkits, Java Persistence API, Subversion, Teamwork, User Interface Design, writing software requirements, software development processes, and software debugging
• Experience in the Eclipse development environment
• Experience in designing and implementing object-oriented solutions in Java
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and writing skills
• Able to identify and anticipate needs of a user community, development staff, and integrated applications