As a Senior Software Engineer you will be responsible for the development, design, and maintenance of our stack. It will be your task to ensure that all of our applications are best of breed. You will work within your team to develop, test, and deliver business requested applications and APIs. You will be assisting with both the creative and implementation process. This position works with our UX and executive teams throughout the development life-cycle.
We offer competitive compensation, daily catered lunches, a comprehensive benefits package, and equity options for all employees. We also have an awesome collaborative work environment and a diverse team who rocks. Ready to join?
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Architect efficient and reusable backend systems that drive complex web and mobile applications in an agile work environment.
- Work on any variety of cool things - such as IBM Watson based on social media research.
- Nerd out on more technologies than we can list here.
Here's what we'd like to see:
- Strong understanding of relational databases (MySQL/MariaDB) including query optimization, transactions, locking and indexes
- Use of NodeJS
- Experience in a team development environment
- 5+ years developing web applications (including understanding of load-balanced & clustered environments)
- The ability to work smoothly with other members of your team and with other teams to accomplish business goals
- Experience with git version control
- Experience with a NoSQL database (such as Elasticsearch, MongoDB or Cassandra)
Bonus points if:
- Docker experience
- Use of Elm
- Ability to work in a Linux or OSX environment
- Experience in an Agile development environment
- Familiarity with GraphQL