Ladders is coming off a terrific 2017, and looking forward to an even better 2018. The results speak for themselves:
#1 fastest-growing career site in the USA in 2017 according to comScore. We grew traffic an astounding 128% and are back in the Top Ten largest career sites nationally.
#1 for Facebook Engagement among all career sites. With the launch of Ladders News in April, we dominated the world?s largest social network and beat Indeed, LinkedIn, and everybody else in our space.
#1 highest average income of all national career sites. The average Member at Ladders earns $149K / year, which makes us a top place for companies and recruiters to find their best professionals.
#1 Best-seller on Amazon: our career guides have taken top spot in Careers, Resumes, and Job-hunting categories on Amazon books.
Over the past year, we?ve upgraded our systems, people, business, and product. We?ve added new leaders who have brought new energy and new momentum.
If you?re looking for a fast-paced, growth environment, with the chance for significant responsibility and career growth, we?d love to talk.
We?re an engineering-team-driven organization and we're proud of our engineers. Come be one of them!
Responsibilities of the Senior Software Engineer:
- First and foremost, developing software our users need
- Mentoring junior and mid-level engineers
- Collaborating with your team to brainstorm and create new products
- Growing our engineering teams by interviewing, recruiting, and hiring
- Making informed decisions quickly, and taking ownership of services and applications at scale
- Working collaboratively with others to achieve goalsBeing a persistent, creative problem ?solverRemaining cool and effective in a crisis
- Staying on the leading edge of development practices
- Passionate about great technologies, especially open sourceNot only understanding business needs, but also knowing how to create the tools to manage them
Basic Qualifications of the Senior Software Engineer:
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer (front end and/or back end)
- CS degree or equivalent knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Strong OOP and modeling skillsExperience working in an agile environment
Preferred Qualifications of the Senior Software Engineer:
- Knows the JVM and the ecosystem of supporting tools inside and out
- Eagerness and willingness to learn new technologies
- Ready to have a great time!!