CentralSquare Technologies is an industry leader in public safety and public administration software, serving over 7,500 organizations from the largest metropolitan city to counties and towns of every size across North America. We provide the broadest, smartest and most unified software suite that serves 3 in 4 citizens across North America.
The Central Square Labs team is seeking a senior software engineer to join the team in building new, innovative solutions for public safety and administration. You will work with a team of engineers, data scientists, UI/UX designers, and product managers to create cloud-basedapplications that use data analysis and machine learning to support new capabilities across the Central Square product line. You have experience working on a high performing team, mentoring engineering talent, and want to iteratively craft user-centric solutions that are both scalable and supportable. Your entrepreneurial energy and desire to have an impact in society make you challenge the status quo and strive to apply new tools and approaches to solve difficult problems. Your experience working with clients and product managers to translate requirements into technical solutions will help the team execute on our product vision.
The innovation Lab at Central Square is a new team tasked with prototyping and scaling new, emerging solutions to support the broader Central Square mission of improving communities through our public safety and administration solutions. As a new team, we are ramping up our engineering efforts with a focus on creating cloud-based data analysis pipelines that use machine learning to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of government agencies. For instance: How can machine learning make police patrols more efficient and equitable? How do we craft ML models that are not only accurate but also fair and transparent? How do we deliver ML services toother teams in a supportable and scalable manner? If these questions speak to you, then the Labs team is the right environment in which to answer them.
· Participate in backlog grooming of user stories, clarifying requirements, and preparing workfor the development team
· Propose technical architectures to solve requirements using cloud services
· Mentor more junior software developers on the team
· Give feedback on code through code reviews
· Build and maintain data processing and analytic pipelines and software
· Troubleshoot and resolve bugs
· Collaborate with data scientists to support feature engineering, model testing, and production roll-outs
· 5+ years of software development experience
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Experience with Agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum, backlog grooming, sprint planning)
· Excellent proficiency in Python
· Proficiency in processing tabular data (e.g. Pandas / R / Spark dataframes)
· Experience using Amazon Web Services to craft multi-tenant, scalable solutions
· Experience with designing data structures and relational databases
· Degrees relevant to Computer Science, Mathematics, and Machine Learning
· Experience with Machine Learning (especially NLP and deep learning) and related tools (such as Tensorflow, Pytorch, and Sci-kit Learn).
· Experience using big data analytics platforms such as Dask or Apache Spark
· Experience with API design and microservice arch