Essential Responsibilities This position requiresexperience with the full software development life cycle (e.g., Waterfall, Agile) from conceptualization and requirements analysis through final software verification & validation of space payload level systems and controls sub-systems for the aerospace and commercial communities. The Software Engineer willwork with our development staff across multi-disciplined teams tosupport in hardware/software Integration & Test (I&T) activities as well as in the development of test procedures for space payloads and ground systems. Software Engineers must haveexperience in estimating large software programs for current and new business opportunities as well as the desire to lead software development projects and manage software subcontractors serving as a liaison betweendevelopers, program management, analysts, hardware engineers, customers, and suppliers. Additionalresponsibilities includesupport of customer meetings and close interaction with multiple engineering disciplines.
- BS or MSdegree in Computer/Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- 7+ years of experience in the area of software development and hardware/software interfaces and test for space applications.
- Experience with software subcontract management is required.
- Solid knowledge of programming languages and concepts, such as MATLAB, LabVIEW, C/C++, C#, Java, Python, and object oriented design is required.
- Experience developing, integrating, and testing for resource constrained systems (microcontrollers, microprocessors, RTOS, DSP, etc)
- Thorough understanding of modern hardware/software tools and how these may be used to improve the development process.
- Experience in CMM/CMMI, IEEE or military standard software engineering practices.
- Experience with software configuration management tools, anomaly tracking tools, and peer review
- Hands-on debug skills with JTAG, simulators/emulators, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Strong problem solving, mechanical, mathematical and geo-spatial comprehension skills.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills for interfacing with customers, senior management, program management and suppliers as well as mentoring of junior engineers.
- Successful candidates must meet eligibility requirements to access U.S. classified information.
Competencies / Desired Characteristics
- Knowledge of Neptune/Common Ground Architecture (CGA)
- Experience with the Linux/UNIX Operating System (OS)
- Hands-on experience in scripting and test automation
- Strong ability to debug/analyze data
- Experience in payload I&T and ground test equipment development