Senior Software Engineer The Next Generation Product Software group at L3 Technologies, Communication Systems-West (CSW) is looking for Senior Software Engineers for creating new technologies and advancing our flagship products. The ideal candidate will have outstanding technical talent, is passionate about his or her work, and is entrepreneurial – a person that has good ideas and acts on them. He or she is excited by learning about and applying new technologies and communicates well so that the excitement is contagious, and has a sense of ownership about his or her work. Because this is a senior level position, previous experience with technical leadership, architecture, and/or deep technical knowledge of immediately applicable topics is expected. Baseline Qualifications Include:
- C++ programming language expertise and an understanding of modern development patterns.
- Computing architecture and operating systems
- Domain experience in embedded software and/or Linux
- Ability to lead software architecture discussions and articulate why a software design is good or bad
- An ABET (EAC/CAC) accredited Bachelor’s of Science degree in CS/CE/EE is strongly preferred, or equivalent technical education and experience (4-8years related experience). Other disciplines considered if accompanied by software engineeringexperience and proficiency
- Good communication skills
Additionally, knowledge andexperience in at least one and preferably several of the following subjects:
- Embedded technologies like small footprint operating systems and build systems, low power hardware (e.g. Raspberry Pi, Arduino) and processing architectures (ARM, bare metal processors)
- Probability and statistics and their application to digital signal processing
- Deep understanding of probability and statistics and their application to communication theory and signal processing.
- Software defined systems, especially software-defined radios (e.g. GNU Radio)
- Networking technology and protocols such as routing, switching, quality of service, the OSI model, Quagga, and emerging MANET technologies such as ZigBee
- DevOps technologies such as virtualization, Docker, scripting, git, testing and automation
- Agile development methodology and Atlassian tools
- Machine learning, data analysis, and advanced algorithms
- Autonomous software systems such as drones, self driving cars, etc.
- A mastery of and deep knowledge in programming languages, compilers, and application execution
- Low-level drivers and hardware interfaces such as PCIe
- Demonstrated ability to chase and win government proposals and grants