Senior Software Engineer
Reports to: Software Engineering Manager
Location: Boise, ID
Job Summary: As a Senior Software Engineer at Kount, you will solve challenging technology problems and build architecturally sound, high-quality software. You will achieve success through communicating, collaborating, and developing creative and performant solutions to help Kount protect the digital innovation of our customers. You should be a creative, driven, motivated engineer that can think outside the box, has ability to learn quickly, and can deliver high-quality working solutions that are both maintainable and scalable.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Demonstrate effective, respectful, and honest communication when collaborating with colleagues including cross-functional team consisting of QA, Operations, and other team members.
- Apply development and testing best practices and demonstrate excellent software craftsmanship to produce maintainable, scalable, and quality solutions.
- Contribute to all phases of product development and delivery from Analysis & Design all the way through to successful Deployment.
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise and ownership for your team's services.
- Deliver on company initiatives and projects prioritized for your team and support long term technical vision.
- Collaborate with the product team, architects, and others to document features and changes.
- Participate in peer design and code reviews.
- Show determination and discipline in identifying and driving forward improvements and innovations that add value to Kount and move the IT organization forward.
- Elevate the performance of colleagues through training, mentoring, and promoting best practices.
- Evaluate tools and technologies and make thoroughly researched proposals to colleagues including architects and the IT leadership team.
QUALIFICATIONS AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience. Masters degree a plus.
- Proven ability to lead significant scope, complex projects to completion.
- Deep technical experience and understanding of multiple technology areas.
- Strong software engineering and software architecture background in languages such as PHP, Java, C/C++, Python, or Go.
- Experience building RESTful APIs within a microservice architecture.
- Ability to think abstractly and deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems.
- Excellent communication skills and desire to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Experience with distributed systems, relational databases, and NoSQL systems a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in Apache, Linux, and UNIX tools/utilities a plus.
- Experience with OWASP, PCI Data Security, and Amazon Web Services a plus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Job performed at a desk in front of a computer.
- Requires heavy use of keyboard and mouse.
- Requires sitting for long periods of time.
- Casual work environment