Senior Software Engineer
Kidaptive is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our team in Redwood Shores. This role is heavier on the backend emphasis with solid API development and database skills. The engineer will be working on our big data platform, ALP (Adaptive Learning Platform)
- Design and develop backend APIs in Java for our flagship product, ALP
- Design mysql and nosql data schemas, optimize database performance, and manage a live system with thousands of users and millions of events.
- Work with Amazon Web Services for the deployment, maintenance, and operation of our technical infrastructure
- Mentor less experienced engineers on the team.
- Be comfortable in a fast paced startup environment where priorities can change quickly.
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years working experience as a software engineer
- Significant experience with Java and API development
- Basic familiarity with Linux
Nice to Have:
- Experience with AWS
- Analytics or other business experience
Kidaptive has brought together experts in the learning sciences, psychometrics, speech recognition, big data, and game design to achieve our vision of personalized, playful, lifelong learning. Our mission is to help children learn and have fun, and to empower parents, by creating a vibrant ecosystem of personalized learning experiences. We have created a groundbreaking adaptive-learning platform that powers our own learning products and our partners’ products, and we envision our ALP platform powering a large ecosystem of connected learning apps. We’re well funded by investors including Menlo Ventures, Formation 8, Stanford-Start X, New Schools Venture Fund, and NCSoft among others. Our offices are in Silicon Valley, CA and Seoul, South Korea.
To Apply: Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position in the subject line.