Kateeva is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to support the development of our precision deposition manufacturing equipment. As demand for Kateeva equipment grows, we are growing the engineering team to design and implement controls for new process flows and applications, as well as scaling up the existing platforms to support higher-volume production. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with experience developing machine control software to help the team meet this new demand.
- Collaborate with the Hardware and Systems Engineering teams to define the software requirements for control of new hardware.
- Assist the Product Support team in analyzing customer requirements and defect reports.
- Work closely with the Print Technology group to define and implement algorithms and systems to enable defect-free material deposition across a range of materials, substrates, and applications.
- Design, implement, integrate, test, debug, support and maintain system software for controlling or monitoring manufacturing equipment.
- Document new features, and assist the Software QA team with developing test plans.
- Participate in project planning in coordination with immediate supervisor.
- Actively engage with rigorous, learning-focused review of your own code and that of others on the team.
- BS in scientific or engineering discipline with 3+ years of software development experience is strongly desired.
- Demonstrated cross-disciplinary experience applying software engineering to deliver high quality, integrated, and performant hardware devices, preferably in the high-volume manufacturing area.
- Experience with asynchronous programming concepts, including multithreading, queuing, and others is a plus. Working knowledge of Reactive extensions (Rx) desired but not required.
- Substantial experience programming for Microsoft Windows with .NET development environment (C#, WPF, WCF) is strongly desired.
- Experience working with distributed (multi-process, multi-machine) control systems and large codebases.
- Familiarity with industrial fieldbus communication protocols (EtherCAT, Modbus, etc) is a plus.
- Experience interfacing with control automation schemes (ACS, DeltaTau, Beckhoff, Mitsubishi PLC, etc.) is desired.
- Professional experience in manufacturing equipment automation, operator and factory interfaces, process control, systems integration, or print technologies is strongly desired.
- Demonstrated debugging and troubleshooting skills (including H/W interfaces) are required.
- Experience with flat panel display industry or a related industry (e.g. semiconductors) is preferred.
- Bonus points for experience with industrial GUI design, especially WPF/XAML/MVVM.
- Bonus points for experience with database design and implementation, particularly in the field of manufacturing equipment recipe management.