This is an ideal opportunity for an IT professional to apply business and technical skills to enable investment processes to become more effective. Responsibilities include:
- Implementing new data feeds and developing user friendly web interfaces to explore and interact with extremely large and complex datasets.
- Working directly with investors, researchers, and quants to gather requirements and rapidly prototype data layouts
- Oversee agile builds and deployment to production, and provide some operational support.
- Provide “data wrangling” of alternative dataset and datafeeds. These projects may involve web scraping and machine learning / AI approaches.
- The most critical skill on this team is to be an agile, self-motivated learner and willingness to take ownership of overseeing deliverables to business end users and working with other team members to design and deliver solutions, and resolve problems. The technologies used are cutting edge and evolve rapidly, and projects require close coordination between investors, data scientists, and technologists.
- Familiarity with web applications and services using REST, HTML5, CSS, and modern UI frameworks such as Angular and React.
- Demonstrated understanding of modern software development and testing methodologies such as Artifactory, GIT, and Jenkins CI.
- Familiarity with cloud technologies such as AWS is desired.
- Experience working with any data visualization and processing tools such as R Shiny, Tableau, Bokeh, Jupyter Notebooks is favorable
- Knowledge and experience working with Hadoop, Spark, and SQL is a strong plus.
- Must be comfortable with test driven development, continuous integration, and agile development methodologies.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills, both written and verbal are required
- Be willing and able to work both independently and as part of a team, in an energetic, fast-paced, business-critical environment.
- Demonstrate previous ability to deliver high quality solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, engineering, math, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in Financial Industry is preferred