Do your best work and make a lasting impact at Uline. We’re hiring a large team of Java developers and seek experienced talent to create cutting-edge enterprise solutions during our extraordinary IT modernization effort. Take the next step and realize your technical leadership potential today.
Better together than apart. This position is on-site, and we are looking for good people who share our passion.
Uline is proud to operate as a drug-free workplace. All new hires must complete a pre-employment drug screening.
- Design, develop and maintain complex, shared Enterprise Java services: security, logging, common APIs and coding standards.
- Enhance, design and maintain Spring components: Boot, Cloud, Integration, Data and Security.
- Develop and monitor large-scale distributed systems using modern tooling, including WebSockets, Consul and ELK.
- Work with architects and technical leads on critical integrations.
- Conduct design and code reviews to ensure design principles are followed.
- Act as a mentor for other developers on software development and design challenges.
- Bachelor's degree in IT or related major.
- 5+ years Java development experience.
- Strong Java / J2EE experience on WebSphere or similar application servers.
- Expert knowledge of microservices architecture.
- Expert knowledge of Spring, JPA / Hibernate, Service discovery and REST.
- Working knowledge of application design and implementation for containers / cloud-native environment.
- Complete insurance coverage that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts and wellness programs.
- 401(k) with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Bonus programs that include annual performance, sales goals and profit sharing.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
- On-site café with executive chefs and seasonal dinner-to-go options.
- First-class fitness center with complimentary personal trainers.
- Over four miles of beautifully maintained walking trails.
- Numerous employee appreciation events throughout the year.
- Professional development classes and monthly in-house speakers.