Halfaker has an opening for a Senior Software Engineer (Java/UI Developer) to join our talented, dynamic team. The key responsibilities for this position include:
- Design and develop an efficient, intuitive, and elegant web UI and mid-tier web services
- Build interface modules that allow people to answer complex questions about data using their web or mobile browsers
- Participate in the full SDLC/Agile cycle engagements, including meetings, iterative development, estimations and design sessions
- Provide guidance on the frameworks, direction, design and interaction models to build scalable web based multi-tier applications for deployment on-prem or on cloud / AWS
- Collaborate with Data Engineers, Platform Engineers and other Software Engineering resources in designing and implementing integrated, enterprise solutions
- Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
- Maintain high ethical standard in dealing with sensitive data.
- Solid understanding of full-stack Web Development/UI/ Front end development experience
- Solid understanding of UX and UI design with an emphasis on maximizing usability.
- Solid understanding of experience with Java/J2EE/REST APIs, JSON
- Solid understanding of Angular2 or later
- Experience with Spring framework
- Experience with CICD practices and AWS based deployments
- Solid understanding of years of experience with XML
- Strong knowledge of database SQLs and Stored Procedures
- Experience with automated unit test methodologies and tools
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have knowledge of software development best practices, Agile, and/or other rapid application development methodologies.
- Experience with test driven development, build tools/continuous integration and version control systems
- Experience in developing secure, enterprise scale browser-based user interfaces.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 6+ years of experience with Java/J2EE/REST APIs, JSON
- 2+ years of experience with Angular2 or later
- 5+ years of hands on full-stack Web Development/UI/ Front end development experience
- 4 years of experience with XML