Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
As a Silver winner of Most Innovative Tech Company of the Year in 2018, Paypal is at a unique position combining technological innovation and strategic partnerships, creating easier ways to manage and move money, and offering choices and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid.
Merchant Services is looking for an enthusiastic engineer on Java/Scala/C++ backend with REST APIs which offer delightful customer experiences. You will be responsible for building backend services on merchant specific features to empower merchants and help them grow their business, which in turn creating positive impact on communities. You will design, build and scale systems operating on TBs of data using technologies like Apache Spark, Finagle, Apache Cassandra, Redis, Aerospike and Apache Kafka.
- Passionate with bringing innovations and building easier payment solutions.
- BS in EE/CS or equivalent experience for which you can show code examples.
- 5+ years of hands on Java or Scala programming experience
- Strong hands on development experience with Java, JEE , Spring JDBC, and RESTful services
- Some C++ experience is a plus.
- Experience working with SQL and noSQL database
- Strong object-oriented programming skills and concepts
- Be proud of self for delivering clean, solid, and high quality code.
- Strong desire to learn, push the envelope, and share knowledge with others.
- Deliver code within schedule in Agile development methodology
- Participate in development life cycle activities - design, implementation, testing and production release.
- Partner closely with cross functional teams to craft great customer experiences.
- Be proactive with identifying areas for improvement and innovation.
- Lead technical design and project teams.
Experience with high scalability and availability applications is a plus.
Extra credit: provide your GitHub account or code samples with your resume
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.