As a Senior Software Engineer working in Java at OnDeck, you will:
- Work on critical systems handling financial data and money movement.
- Automating the business flows with appropriate checks, audits and validations, which require manual interventions.
- Design and develop scalable REST APIs for loan servicing operations.
- Design and develop batch applications and reports for loan processing.
- Work with every domain within the business, understanding their needs and objectives and helping them optimize their approach to getting their job done
Qualifications for success
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technological focus
- Atleast 5years of experience developing Java applications
- You are passionate about technology and have a craftsman mindset toward building software
- You enjoy building new functionality while transforming the code base with innovative techniques
- You have experience designing flexible & reusable software & APIs
- You have extensive experience testing frameworks (e.g. Mockito, EasyMock), RDBMS, SQL, Spring, ORM frameworks, scriptinglanguages
- Familiarity with the following technologies/frameworks is a big plus: Guice, MyBatis, PostgresSQL, json/XML, gradle
- You are comfortable working in an agile development environment
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- You are a team-player
We’re all about teamwork, passion and making an impact. Oh and having fun – Whether it’s community service events, book club meetings, team get-togethers or weekly social hours in the office.
OnDeck is the leader in online small business lending. Since 2007, the company has powered Main Street’s growth through advanced lending technology and a constant dedication to customer service. To date, the company has deployed over $5 billion to more than 50,000 customers in 700 different industries across the United States, Canada and Australia.
We also offer…
401K Match. Tuition Reimbursement. Paid Parental Leave. Company Outings. Hackathons. Company Sponsored Sports Teams/Clubs. Discounted Gym Membership. Office Learning & Development Training.
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015