A Services Engineer is somebody who mostly works on the "human scale" side of New Relic. A Services Engineer is a developer who may build "back-end" programs to consume data from one of our database systems, present a UI, or implement an API.
Typically, Software Engineers with this skill set have shipped and want to continue to develop production, 24x7, high-quality back-end web services.
- Knowledge of SOA / web services
- Concern with QoS
- Principles and practices of good API Design
- Being an excellent Java/Ruby/Go programmer
- Serious about testing and building high quality software systems
- Passion for and previous experienceworking with high throughput engineering