$80K — $100K *
This opening is for a Software Engineer for the Core Data group in Engineering and Technology Mission Systems and Solutions. Core Data creates Big Data solutions for multiple programs, including Orion, GOES and Special Programs, leveraging Open Source Software including HBase, Hadoop, Kafka and Storm, to
ingest, store, and retrieve large volumes of mission and test spacecraft data.
We are looking for a developer who will be a member of a small agile group with strong Java skills and a knowledge of modern
practices and open source libraries.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Proven Java development experience
• Knowledge and familiarity of open source libraries/technologies.
• Proven experience with developing data-centric applications and creating effective data models.
• Ability to leverage NoSQL Databases and distributed message frameworks to implement scalable software solutions.
• Ability to implement Big Data applications to ingest, process, store, and serve time series data
• Ability to design and develop software systems to interact with other software/hardware systems.
• Ability to execute in a fast-paced, team-oriented, and highly dynamic work environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Extensive development experience with
o RESTful Web Services
• Development experience with Big Data processing, storage capabilities & analytics
• Knowledge of Hadoop Ecosystem APIs and Tools
• Experience with HBase, Spark, Kafka, Hive & Avro
• Basic Linux systems administration knowledge
• Experience with Agile Process
Valid through: 3/19/2021
$80K — $100K
$150K — $200K