Blizzard Entertainment has an opening for a talented and enthusiastic Senior Java Engineer to join our Battle.net Game Service (BGS) team!
The BGS team develops the services and infrastructure that keeps millions of players online simultaneously worldwide, 24 hours a day, 365 days a week. From Overwatch to Hearthstone, StarCraft 2, Diablo 3, to World of Warcraft, regardless of the game, time zone, or scale, BGS is there to answer the call with effectiveness, and professionalism, acting as the central pillar to supercharge player engagement.
We primarily use Java, and technologies like Tomcat, Spring, RabbitMQ, RDBMSs, and more, to deliver a world-class platform for our internal game teams, support team, and web teams. We're an internal hub at Blizzard, and are involved in some fashion on nearly every project and release within Blizzard! We see many high load events, and work on highly scalable infrastructure to meet our project goals!
- A minimum of 8 years' of professional Java software engineering experience
- Expert knowledge of CS fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- Expert understanding of service-oriented architecture, including web services, message-oriented middleware, security, and n-tier architectures
- Strong understanding of scalable and highly concurrent server architecture design
- Familiar with various forms of testing practices, including regression, acceptance, functional, and load testing
- Expert knowledge of data-modeling and RDBMS development experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent experience
- Passion for technology and video games
- Linux experience
- Familiarity with the Spring Framework
- Previous experience delivering easy-to-use APIs to multiple consumers