Looking for a unique opportunity to show off your skills at a cool and exciting company? Digital Turbine is looking for an experienced Senior Java Developer to be part of our team in the Durham office, offering an opportunity to work on scalable distributed applications built using cutting edge technologies and services. The Senior Java Developer position requires a proven ability to understand and implement business requirements for new systems and enhancements to existing systems in an Agile/Scrum environment. Additionally, the candidate must exhibit the ability to analyze and debug new and existing software systems.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to conceptualize, build, test and ship software solutions that meet business and market needs.
- Maintain existing software systems.
- Push mobile technologies to the limits to help better our products and services.
- Work with geographically dispersed team members.
- Implement scalable and cost-effective software systems that meet business requirements.
- Develop high quality software using industry standard best practices including unit testing, code reviews and continuous integration
- Please note, if you are remote you must be able to travel to Durham, NC or Austin, TX once a quarter in addition to any required new hire training
Minimum Job Requirements
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of software development experience with a JVM based language (Java, Scala, Clojure).
- Experience developing commercial, enterprise scale software in a cloud-based environment (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Excellent communication and collaborative problem-solving skills and ability to lead by example & motivate fellow developers to meet challenging goals.
- Experience working with Git, SCM tools, REST, JSON, Spring Boot and Hibernate frameworks.
- Prior work with distributed data handling and storage technologies like Hadoop, Apache Kafka, Confluent, Apache Flume, Amazon S3, Avro.
- Exposure to infrastructure management technologies like Kubernetes, Puppet, Docker or Chef.
- Experience with data stream processing frameworks like Apache Storm, Apache Samza or Apache Spark.
- Experience with NoSQL datastores such as ElasticSearch, Aerospike, Redis, Cassandra and with build tools like Maven, SBT or Gradle.