What You'll Get to Do:
Our team is looking for a talented Senior Java or C++ software engineer to build, enhance, and maintain complex software systems for the US Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) community. The selected candidate will perform a variety of complex engineering tasks including: analysis, design, development, and test for multiple product areas, to include work on advanced technology electronic warfare and signals intelligence systems. Come join a dynamic and fun team on the bleeding edge of technology! Offices for this opportunity are in Sterling, VA OR Austin, TX.
More about the Role:
- Lead a small to mid-size development team to meet requirements, including monitoring and performance of cost and schedule tasking.
- Implement and execute on technical initiatives and solutions.
- Design and code new software as well as modify existing code to add features and functionality.
- Debug existing software.
- Develop code necessary to complete tasks in the specified time according to standards and guidelines.
- Employ design, development, and testing best practices.
- Profile, analyze, and optimize implemented software.
- Address complex technical issues/problems.
- Collaborate with hardware or software designers/engineers and analysts to develop, analyze, and evaluate hardware, software, and systems.
- Evaluate emerging technologies to determine advantages and disadvantages of potential solutions in virtual, web-based, and desktop applications.
- Provide guidance and assistance to entry level and/or support team members.
- US Citizenship required along with the ability to secure and retain a TS/SCI security clearance.
- Bachelors or equivalent in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering and a minimum of 7 years of related experience.
- Advanced Java or C++ development experience.
- Willingness to learn and apply the best technology for a given application.
- Solid understanding of software complex design concepts, patterns, tools and best practices.
- Experience with distributed/asynchronous programming models.
- Proven delivery of production-grade applications including security, diagnostics, maintainability, scalability, auditing, and complex multi-layer troubleshooting.
- Experience coordinating and collaborating across teams in an Agile development environment.
- Experience with AWS (including any AWS Certifications).
- Background in web technologies is highly desired.
- Experience with database programming and cloud technologies.
- Experience with Python and scripting, and other fundamental languages.
- AWS certifications.
- Working knowledge of signal processing fundamentals.
- Working knowledge of MATLAB is helpful.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance.