adMarketplace is the largest privacy-safe consumer search marketplace. We provide search advertising integrations for trusted mobile apps, browsers, browser applications, and consumer sites to connect consumers directly to top brands at the moment they express decision-making intent.
We are dedicated to improving the search experience for consumers, publishers, and advertisers without sacrificing privacy. With 20 years of experience building and operating innovative consumer search technology, our mission is to add value to every search.
Growing Company. Small Dynamic Teams. Real Impact.
At adMarketplace, we create best of breed consumer search technology using cutting-edge architectures with millisecond response time and crunch through terabytes of data every day. The ideal candidate is motivated to design for massive scale, developing for low latency and pushing the boundaries of using real-time data in automated decisions. Our team uses a modern tech stack including Akka, Scala, Kafka, Java8+, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, and more.
- Hands-on design, development, and maintenance of ad-tech related systems and system components using Java and other software technologies
- 24/7 low latency large-scale distributed systems
- Cloud migration and containerization projects
- Clients integration automation components (Google, Amazon, LiveRamp, ...)
- Data streaming, processing, and aggregation solutions
- Data-driven applications
- Lead the design and technical implementation of different projects
- Mentor junior engineers by providing directions, instructions, and guidance as needed related to implementation details and seamless project execution
- Work closely with QA, DevOps, and other engineering teams to integrate, test and release different system components (all stages of SDLC)
- Solve complex technical challenges related to low latency large scale distributed systems
- Work closely with business stakeholders and other engineers on understanding and translating business requirements into technical solutions
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
- Must have 5+ years strong hands-on development experience using Java (Java 8+ preferred)
- Ability to design complete systems by collaborating with multiple teams and understanding testing, hardware and deployment methodologies
- Experience developing, delivering and maintaining low latency, scalable applications, and systems
- Strong knowledge of algorithmic complexity/simplicity tradeoffs, effective use of data structures
- Good understanding of object-oriented design patterns
- Familiarity and hands-on experience with profiling, code efficiency, and testing/release concepts
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Experience building software in continuous integration and delivery fashion in an automated way
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Leader type of person who can lead a small team of software engineers
- Excellent documentation, communication, and troubleshooting skills
- Is a plus:
- Experience with Spring or another dependency injection framework
- Experience with Akka or another actor-based framework
- Experience with big data and streaming technologies like Apache Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, and Zookeeper
- Experience with Java8+, AWS, RabbitMQ, MySQL, Vertica, and Aerospike
- Familiarity with Docker, CI/CD, AWS, and Microservices
- Scala and/or Python development experience
- Experience working in an agile software development team using Jira
- Digital advertising industry experience
adMarketplace is named as one of the best places to work in New York City by leading publications such as Built In and Crain’s. We embody our core values and culture day in and day out. Our 5C’s define how we play the game - Curiosity, Collaboration, Creative Conflict, Commitment and Competitiveness. We’re looking for curious, dedicated, and collaborative individuals who play to win.
adMarketplace offers competitive salaries, continuing education programs, management training, and career paths to ensure all of our employees have an opportunity to grow.
The well-being of our employees is our top priority, adMarketplace offers competitive health benefits, wellness programs, paid time off, commuter benefits, equity, 401k matching, and more to ensure a healthy work/life balance.