The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for the design, development, and support of the API Layer for SXM streaming enterprise system. The position will report directly to the Director, Software Development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Tech Lead and Senior Systems Architect to ensure that strategic objectives are met with the proposed architectural solutions for business needs.
- Code all core services and applications in various Java technologies (mentioned in the Technical Skills) following industry standards.
- Participate in technical design and architecture working closely with the Tech Lead -- Streaming Media Services.
- Document all technical design, code, build and release procedures.
- Work directly with Development, QA and IT Ops on all phases of SDLC.
- Handle 3rd tier support, where business consultation and development maybe required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent relevant experience.
- 6+ years of experience with full Java application development life cycle.
- Strong design and implementation skills pertaining to web applications, database design and rich media applications.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
- Creative writing ability.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of industry-standard application architectures, design patterns and technology standards and best practices.
- Experience in designing and developing highly scalable, highly available and maintainable internet applications.
- Good understanding of cloud based applications and application deployment.
- Ability to learn and stay up to date on new technologies and trends.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and reliably deliver work of the highest standards on time.
- Extensive knowledge of Java-based front-end and back-end web development technologies and concepts.
- Strong design and implementation skills pertaining to web applications, enterprise system design and rich media applications.
- Robust understanding of Object Oriented Programming concepts and design.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Extensive knowledge with application development using core Java, Spring framework, Scala.
- Understanding of multiple threading, concurrency, design patterns and their impacts on application concurrency and scalability.
- Good working knowledge of web services, RESTful interfaces, XML.
- Excellent skills working with XML schemata and documents, validation, parsing, and marshalling.
- Extensive experience with Linux and Tomcat servers.
- Experience working with NoSQL DB.
- Experience with maven, Github, and issue tracking tools (JIRA a plus).
- Akamai Live Streaming, CDN, and EdgeComputing platforms experiencepreferred.
Senior Software Engineer #17-763