The Senior Software Engineer position is in the Global Product Engineering organization assigned to the InSight project. Iron Mountain InSight is a content services platform that provides actionable business insights and predictive analytics through Machine Learning (ML)-based classification of a company’s physical and digital information, which adds structure, context and meta-data to information to make it more usable. The resulting enriched content can then enable enhanced automated governance and workflows for our customers.
The Senior Software Engineer will provide design and delivery of service functionality within the agile development lifecycle. The ideal candidate will be an experienced engineer with micro service development for cloud-based services in highly performant systems. The candidate has over 7 years of experience developing service interfaces and APIs. To be successful, the candidate needs to show experience with JAVA backend development using hibernate and SQL databases (Oracle, Postgresql, and MySQL). The candidate must have experience exposing these backend systems over RESTful APIs, which interact with cloud service providers. The candidate should also have spring framework development experience with JAVA 11. Experience with search technologies such as Solr or ElasticSearch is desired, as is experience with defining schemas and metadata taxonomies.
- Participate in design discussions about the technical implementation and consider the tradeoffs to support business value, scalability and delivery timeline.
- Develop service functionality using RESTful APIs and JSON format
- Define service contract APIs for integration
- API to API integrations
- Work with infrastructure teams to implement and build scalable systems
- Develop services for needs of UI developers
- Develop unit tests with a test driven mindset
- Debug and address performance issues
- Design and code for security considerations, anticipates security risks
- Peer / code reviews
- Lead the development of a product feature
- Strong communication, collaboration and problem solving skills with a track record of delivering production grade systems in a team environment
- Experience as a team lead working with 3-5 engineers
- Motivated individual who learns quickly, has pride in building a new product and can engage others to accelerate technical solutions
- Familiarity with implementation design patterns and performance challenges
- Experience in working with distributed teams
- 3 years of experience working with agile scrum methodologies
- 7 years of Java, maven and SQL development
- 1 year of experience with Google Cloud Platform, AWS or Azure
- Experience in developing scalable microservices and API gateways
- Prior experience with Tomcat, Apache Solr, VMware and Oracle desired.
- Experience with data modeling / metadata schema definition
- Experience with server oriented architectures and web platform applications with ability to define and integrate with APIs and REST services
- Architectural governance and security review experience
- Experience with agile tools such as Atlassian JIRA, Rally, TFS or Version One
- Mastery of code repositories such as subversion / git and artifactory repos
BS, MS or MBA from accredited/recognized university