Senior Software Engineer – IoT
We’re on a mission. As a fast-growing software company on the cutting-edge of technology, Plex is revolutionizing global manufacturing in the same way cloud solutions have transformed sales, marketing, and human capital management. We want manufacturers to succeed. That’s why we’re on a mission to replace underperforming, on-premise enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems with the Plex Manufacturing Cloud – ERP built for today’s model of manufacturing. If you want to see the future of business, we’re what’s next.
Plex was born in The Cloud, and our Connected Manufacturing strategy will be no different. However, by its very nature, Connected Manufacturing requires computing on the edge of the manufacturing enterprise to yield value from MES automation and insights. In an effort to help our customers pursue the fourth industrial revolution, Plex is embarking to develop a connected manufacturing strategy that enables our customers and partners to be at the forefront of this exciting paradigm shift.
As a member of our Connected Manufacturing Team, the Senior Software Engineer - IoT is responsible for developing the architectural components that drive automation and insight into the manufacturing enterprise and to develop the components to create an extensible, edge-computing strategy that is augmented by cloud computing concepts.
Extensibility not only comes from a feature-rich solution that adapts to the varied needs of a myriad of manufacturing enterprises, but also as a platform that enables customers and partners to consistently and confidently implement the solution. This person will be part of a team alongside an effort to develop the infrastructure components to deliver this functionality.
They will report to the Software Engineering Manager for Connected Manufacturing.
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate will have strong critical-thinking and troubleshooting skills, robust interpersonal skills - both written and verbal, and an ability to collaborate as a team or work individually as the need arises.
- 4-yeardegree in engineering or equivalent experience
- Can articulate knowledge of IoT concepts
- Development experience using multiple programming language such as C++, Java, C# or Python
- Particular focus on Object Oriented Programming concepts
- Understanding of software development approaches such as Domain Driven Design and Test-Driven Design
- Experience developing new APIs and integrating with existing APIs
Preferred Skills and Experiences
- Experience implementingMES in a manufacturing enterprise
- Experience with PTC ThingWorx or other IoT Platform - Using, developing, installing and/or maintaining
- Software deployment automation through tools such Puppet and Docker
- Understanding of Continuous Integration methodologies
- Consumed or developed services using multiple protocols MQTT, AMQP, HTTP, Web Sockets
- Enterprise software development experience
We are proud to be recognized as one of the top workplaces in the tech industry. In fact, it’s Plex employees themselves who say our company is a great place to work. We’ve created an inviting workspace that fosters a culture of collaboration, innovation, and excitement.
Some of the things our employees enjoy include:
- Competitive wages
- Generous benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance, & 401(k) matching program
- Very generous PTO/paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health club dues reimbursement
- Sustainable work-life balance and flexibility
- Our multiple locations offer a casual-dress workplace, complimentary food and drink, and “de-stress areas” complete with video games, ping pong tables, and more
We’re looking for high-skilled, passionate people to help us do something daring, difficult, and incredibly rewarding. If you’re ready to be inspired, solve problems, grow professionally, and unleash your talent…then apply today. You’re what’s next.